Saturday, July 21, 2007

Choosing the right Wedding Photographer

Have you ever been asked to take photos for a friend or families wedding? Some consider pressing a few buttons on their camera easy, then after a little research it slowly dawns the task ahead -, how do I organise 30 family members? How do I get the best angle? What’s an f stop? What if I miss a picture?
Wedding photography is not such a casual affair after all, nor for the faint hearted. Sure anyone can attempt to take the pictures, but would let just anyone with a spanner fix your car brakes? Anybody with a wooden spoon make the wedding cake? somebody with some scissors cut your hair? Someone with a knife remove your spleen? No Siree! For myself, wedding photography is a serious full time job, having to be calm and collected at all times & especially in appearance to put people at ease. Having been in the business 10 years, I would like to offer a little advice, Asking the right questions to is extremely important. If I were hiring a wedding photographer, these are the questions I would definitely ask.


1 Are you the actual photographer who will be photographing my wedding?

2 Are you a member of a professional photographer association?

3 May I see all photos from an entire wedding, not just the best photos picked & chosen from many different weddings.

4 What type and how much assistance will they provide in planning your album?

5 Have they any commendations from happy couples?


The reason for these questions are so
many companies have sprung up with expensive marketing campaigns & slick sales techniques, in reality a newbie photographer will turn up who is paid peanuts, inexperienced and isn’t really bothered in getting the best shots. Sadly the couples do not always feel good with a stranger photographer.That is why at www.cjphotographic.com all work is carried out by myself ( qualified SWPP & LMPAA) after consulting with the couple, and in turn I am successful due my personal services, quality of imagery and recommendations from satisfied couples.


This article is free for republishing
Source: http://www.a1articles.com/article_148990_41.html

No comments: